By: +David Herron; Date: April 11, 2017
Chromebooks are excellent devices, offering a light-weight operating environment with great security features. You can buy ChromeOS devices with the operating system loaded in, which is a great choice. You may have an older computer sitting around gathering dust, whose useful lifetime can be extended by installing Cloudready. Cloudready is a ChromeOS distribution by Neverware that can be installed on a huge variety of x86 based computers. On the same hardware where Windows is SLOW, Cloudready runs FAST.
- Get the Cloudready system image from http://neverware.com/download
- Download the 64 bit version
- In the Chrome Web Store, install the Recovery Utility. This lets you build a Recovery drive for a ChromeOS device.
- Use the Cloudready system image just downloaded, burning it to a USB thumb drive
- Boot from the USB drive - make sure the computer is configured to boot from USB
- Initially you'll be running from USB to try it out. Cloudready can be installed on the hard drive via the Settings menu
Easily use Let's Encrypt to HTTPS-protect your own server, for free Cyborg robots, seeking a home world, improving other races by erasing emotions - The Cybermen