Install Chrome OS On Your Old Laptop PC or Macbook using Cloudready
By: +David Herron; Date: April 11, 2017
Chromebooks are excellent devices, offering a light-weight operating environment with great security features. You can buy ChromeOS devices with the operating system loaded in, which is a great choice. You may have an older computer sitting around gathering dust, whose useful lifetime can be extended by installing Cloudready. Cloudready is a ChromeOS distribution by Neverware that can be installed on a huge variety of x86 based computers. On the same hardware where Windows is SLOW, Cloudready runs FAST.
- Get the Cloudready system image from http://neverware.com/download
- Download the 64 bit version
- In the Chrome Web Store, install the Recovery Utility. This lets you build a Recovery drive for a ChromeOS device.
- Use the Cloudready system image just downloaded, burning it to a USB thumb drive
- Boot from the USB drive - make sure the computer is configured to boot from USB
- Initially you'll be running from USB to try it out. Cloudready can be installed on the hard drive via the Settings menu
Upgrade Old Computer to Chrome OS for FREE
Source: YouTubeUpgrade Old Computer to Chrome OS for FREE Got an old netbook or laptop that needs a new lease of life? why not install this lightweight Chrome OS and turn y...
Convert Old Laptop to a Fast Chromebook CloudReady Neverware Tutorial 2017
Source: YouTubeLearn how I converted my old, EXTREMELY slow 2009 laptop into a fast Chromebook using CloudReady software. This process should work with lots of old computer...
Install Chrome OS On Your Old Laptop PC or Macbook
Source: YouTubeIn this video we take a look at Neverware's CloudReady software, a custom build of Chromium OS that feels and behaves very, very similarly to the Chrome OS w...
How to Turn Your Old PC into a Speedy Chromebook
Source: YouTubeNeverware ChromeOS Download: https://www.neverware.com/#introtext-3 Twitter: https://twitter.com/hoosierhardware
Review of Neverware: Useless Macbook to Blazing Chromebook
Source: YouTubeIn this video I review Neverware, which breathes new life into old computers by converting them into Chromebooks! The Macbook in this video is a 2009 Core 2 ...